• FCHS Cheer Tryouts - April 18-20
  • Boys Volleyball Senior Night - 4/18

Fresno fall fun

Fall has officially arrived! Despite the warm weather, the Central Valley has a host of festive events to get in the autumn mood. 

The Big Fresno Fair

One of the more popular fall events is the Big Fresno Fair, Oct. 5 – Oct. 16. Visitors can explore the Central Valley’s culture through taste, games, competitions, and more. Compete in events for cash prizes, peruse the Livin’ Local Marketplace, or go and enjoy free entertainment. 

[/media-credit] Fresno fair offers many kinds of foods, however, among the most popular are deep-fried foods.

Some competitive events hosted by the Big Fresno Fair include the “Big Band Review” featuring junior high and high school bands from across the state. Additionally, there is horse racing, dancing horses and even dog racing.

The fair is also Fresno-famous for its signature food. From deep-fried Oreos to carne asada to cinnamon rolls, the fair has a variety of foods to offer. This year several new items were added to the menu, including a Caramel Apple Cinnamon Roll provided by Country Fair Cinnamon Rolls. 

Two Cities Marathon

For people looking to improve their heart health, the 14th annual Two Cities Marathon will be held 6:30 a.m. Nov. 6. Two Cities Marathon offers five different race options from a 5K to a marathon, and even a virtual race. Entry fees cost $40 to $130, depending on which race and when the participant signs up. To sign up, click here.

Visit a Pumpkin Patch

[/media-credit] Pumpkin patches provide a more hands-on experience than buying a pumpkin at the store.

For some, fall isn’t complete without pumpkins. An alternative to buying pumpkins at the store is visiting a pumpkin patch, which often features fall-themed attractions and gives visitors the opportunity to buy locally grown pumpkins. According to visitfresnocounty.org, these are a couple of Fresno’s must-see pumpkin patches!

Planet Pumpkin

Planet Pumpkin can be found on Nees and First. In addition to pumpkins, food and carnival rides are offered at Planet Pumpkin. It begins Oct. 1 and is open from 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. every day of the week.

Wild Patch Pumpkins

Located on Bullard and Villa, Wild Patch Pumpkins is a local mom & pop business opening Oct. 1. Their hours are 4:00 – 8:30 p.m. on weekdays, and 10:00 a.m. – 8:30 p.m. on weekends.

Fresno Chaffee ZooBoo

[media-credit name=”Fresno Chaffee” align=”alignleft” width=”300″][/media-credit]

Our local zoo annually hosts ZooBoo, a Halloween-themed event. In addition to visiting the zoo’s animals, ZooBoo brags pumpkin art exhibits, trick-or-treating, as well as other fall-themed activities. ZooBoo is open Oct. 14 & 15, Oct. 20 – 22, and Oct. 27-29.

Hobbs Grove

Acres of land 40 minutes from FCS give way to one of the spookiest attractions, Hobbs Grove. Located on a farm in Sanger, visitors can take in the Midway with carnival style games and concessions after exploring the haunted house and forest.

Hobbs Grove is open Thursday through Sunday with price variations on different nights. This is definitely a location for those who do not shy away from surprise scares. Be sure to head to their website for detailed information.

To read more from The Feather, go to The FCS college fair is back! and 2022 homecoming court winners.