• 3/20- Econ Fair @ lunch
  • 41st Annual FCS Auction begins online March 8-13
  • 3/22 - High School Spring Formal

Senior Reflection: Mason Petrie

Growing up I’ve always had an interest in video production and editing. I always was fascinated with how people could put together different clips and create a story. I loved the way a quality video can make you feel as if you are a part of it. I knew that I wanted to eventually learn how to do these things but I wasn’t sure where to start.

I started attending Fresno Christian my sophomore year. At the time I knew our school had a class called the feather but didn’t know anything about it. My friend Micah Friesen was a part of the class and was a part of the video team. He eventually encouraged me enough to join the class during my senior year, and boy was it more than i expected.

Going into the class I had a basic understanding of editing and had some practice creating videos on my Iphone. I also didn’t have a quality laptop to handle what we did in class. I quickly purchased a new Mac book and went in ready to learn as much as I could.

The next few months were filled with a lot of fun and scary experiences. I learned my way around a camera and good techniques of filming. I was also able to quickly learn how to use Premier Pro to edit my videos.

Without hesitation my advisor Kori James sent me out to as many events I could cover. She knew that I needed to practice as much as I could. Personally this was the hardest part for me to get used to. This taught me how to step out of my comfort zone and become more confident in getting where I needed to be when filming.

Looking back I am thankful for everything I have learned in this class. Without this class I would’ve never learned how to tell a good story in video and would probably still be making goofy videos on my phone. This class has also shown me the importance of teamwork and confidence. Without everyone on the feather team encouraging and guiding me I would’ve never had the ability to be where I am today. Most importantly I will be leaving this class more responsible and a more diligent person.

Going forward I plan to carry out these skills I learned this year into anything I’m involved in. Overall I am grateful for this class and the immense skills it has given me.

I would like to thank Mrs. James for giving me tough love when she knew I needed it the most. She led my development in this class and I will never forget her efforts and involvement in my life in and outside the classroom.

I would encourage anyone that’s considering being a part of this class to not hesitate learning more about it. It is challenging, but it will teach you so much and will provide you with countless opportunities and great memories.

For More videos like this visit TheFeatherOnline

Created By: Mason Petrie