Night Rally illuminates darkness

UPDATE: Due to thunder, lightening and rain, the Night Rally has been postponed until Sept. 6.

Students scramble, crawl and sneak in the night as they make their way towards the black bandanas. While they make their blind trek towards the goal, student leadership members wait in the shadows and ambush the unwary partcipants.

In order to promote the first junior varisty and varisty football games against Bakersfield Christian on Aug. 31, student leadership will host a night rally for the student body at Woodward Park.

?I believe the night rally will be a great opportunity for the students to fellowship with each other,? Josh Tosland, leadership advisor, said. ?It will be a good kickoff to new relationships and friends.?

The theme for the night rally is “Pitch Black” and student leadership plans to have many activities for the night.

“We’re going to be playing a game called Pitch Black where each class has to find the hidden black bandanas in total darkness,” Hannah Palmer, ’11, said. “We are also having Sweepstakes competition where each class will earn points for particpation and winning the games.”

At the end of the year, the class with the most points will receive a prize. Students can earn particpation points in the rally by dressing up in their class theme and color: seniors, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and black; juniors, rock star and red; sophomores, superheroes and green; freshmen, jungle and turquoise.

?What we are hoping for is that all the students come decked out,? Kevin Damm, ’09, said. ?Hopefully they enjoy their class colors and themes.?

As a new addition to the leadership team, Scott Falk, campus pastor, replaced Ericlee Gilmore as student leadership adviser .

“Because of the changes in schedules, Mr. Gilmore needed to teach a math class,” Falk said. “I’m going to be teaching the Bible part of the class, help Mr. Tosland out and provide encouragment for the students in the class.”

In an effort to inform students about the night rally, student leadership put up posters in the hallways and announcements at chapel.

?I think this year?s night rally is going to be uberly awesome,? Tyler Combs, ’10, said. ?I?m so excited I just can?t hide it.?