Boys Soccer Sport Shorts: Clovis High Tournament

[/media-credit] Jacob Bynum, ’17, dribbles past Chowchilla defenders looking to score a goal. Dec. 4

The FC boys soccer team faced three teams in the Clovis High Soccer Tournament. They played Fresno High and Chowchilla in the preliminary stages of the tourney. Their final game against Buchanan was played in the semi final stages.

The Eagles began the Tournament by facing off against Fresno High. This was the first game of the tournament for the Eagles and they were looking to get off to a good start. The Eagles believed they had the edge during the entire game but became even more confident with a second half goal from junior Jarrod Markarian. The one goal from Markarian would be the only goal of the game that would lift the Eagles to a win and a start of 1-0.

The second game for the Eagles was against Chowchilla. After using up some energy in the first game of the day, the boys had to muster up the strength to play one more. The game went in favor of the Eagles however their opponents were not easily beaten. It took two goals from the Eagles, one by Jarrod Markarian and another added by freshman Brandon Brogan to get another win in the tournament.

[fusion_soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/236675866″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”150″ iframe=”true” /]

The second day of the tournament was the semi final match day for the boys. They would go up against Buchanan in a win or go home match. The game was close for a great part of the time. Momentum shifted when Jacob Bynum, ‘17, had the opportunity to take a penalty kick. Bynum did not convert the chance which lifted the spirits of the Buchanan Bears. With this added energy they scored in the ‘59 minute of the game to take the win away from the Eagles.

The Eagles finished the tournament 2-1 and with a top four finish in the gold division of the tournament. The FC boys look to continue their season in good fashion by hopefully defeating both Orange Cove Dec. 9 and Central Valley Christian Dec. 11.

For another sport short about the FC boys soccer team visit Boys Soccer Sport Shorts: Fowler.

This author can be reached via twitter: @Julian_Castro09 and via email [email protected]