Escape to The Spot

Sumo wrestlers grapple in a corner, climbers attempt to scale a wall and music blasts through speaker systems, beckoning passers to join in on the fun and festivities inside.

This long-anticipated event, “The Spot, Escape 2004”, invites students from all around Fresno to attend a free night of enjoyment in Ground Zero on the Peoples Church campus.

Free food, live bands and inflatable games are just some of the activities that Youth For Christ and Peoples Church will be sponsoring during “”The Spot” on Sept. 18 at 7 P.M.

Local bands, including alumni Randy Hill’s (’04) band, Until April, will be performing throughout the evening.

“I am really excited for the Spot this Saturday,” Hill said. “I love performing and I am looking forward to the opportunity to having a part in changing someone’s life.”

Central Valley Youth Ministries, staff leader, Paul Haroutunian, has been helping out with The Spot for three years.

“The purpose of the Spot is to provide a place where, as Christians, we can bring our non-Christian friends,” Haroutunian said. “It provides students with a cool atmosphere to share the gospel with their peers.”

The Spot will be at 7172 North Cedar Avenue (near the corner of north Cedar and east Herndon). For more information call Haroutunian at (559) 237-4741.” “Illustration courtesy of Peoples Church” “With a line-up that includes alumni Randy Hill, ’04, playing lead guitar in his band, Until April, The Spot promises entertainment, food and activities for Fresno-area teens.” “” “” “Insert text here