Parents transform courts into garage

With graduation approaching, senior parents scramble to put the ?grad night? party together. Several fundraisers have already been conducted, however, the money raised has not reached the desired amount. In order to raise the needed funds, Ellen King, campus Bible and history teacher, organized an all-school garage sale on April 2.

Fundraisers are a must to raise the necessary funds; barbeque hot lunches have been provided on campus to generate most of the income. The garage sale promised a big influx of needed funds. All the proceeds went to help create one of the seniors? most memorable nights.

An invitation had been extended to all grades (1-12) to participate in the sale. The sale took place in the Fresno Christian High School tennis courts located right off Alluvial on Saturday, April 2. The gates opened and sales commenced at 7:00 A.M.; the sale ended at 2:00 P.M.

Items ranged from large selections of men?s, women?s and children?s clothes, office/home furniture, sports equipment, toys, books, movies and English teacher Molly Sargent?s infamous pink bathtub. All unsold items were donated to the Salvation Army.

The garage sale made a total of about $1500, which was $500 short of the desired goal. The funds raised will greatly aid the Grad-Nite Committee and their plan making.

The Grad-Nite Committee will accept new items and/or cash gifts to be used as door prizes at the Grad-Nite party after graduation.

For more information, contact King at [email protected] or contact the high school office.