BRIEF: Ensemble to perform at Fresno Prayer Breakfast

20151019-fc-ladies-ensemble-012
[/media-credit] The Fresno Christian ladies’ ensemble is set to perform at the annual Fresno Prayer Breakfast, Feb. 23.

Throughout the school year, Bellezza, the Fresno Christian ladies’ ensemble, has worked to reach the greater community through their music. Now, the ensemble is set to perform at the annual Fresno Prayer Breakfast, Feb. 23. The breakfast will be hosted at the Fresno Convention Center where nearly 1,500 guests plan to attend, including the mayor of Fresno, Ashley Swearengin.

Bellezza teacher Susan Ainley learned of the opportunity to sing at the Prayer Breakfast from a Fresno Rescue Mission member. The Fresno Rescue Mission also helps organize the breakfast.

“When the ensemble sung for the Fresno Rotary, a rotary member who is also a Fresno Rescue Mission member invited us to sing for the breakfast after hearing us,” Ainley said. “I was extremely honored by this invitation and this is something the ensemble has never done before. This is basically a national event, so it is very exciting for us.”

Olivia Tandajaja, ’16, is an ensemble member; while she worries about the size of attendance, she also looks forward to broadening her horizons at the event.

“For the most part I’m pretty nervous but being able to sing in front of almost 2,000 people is pretty cool and a whole new experience,” Tandajaja said. “I’m also singing in a quartet (for “Heaven Bound Train”); it’s a lot of work but I’m looking forward to it.”

[fusion_soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/246540645″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”150″ iframe=”true” /]

The group will sing 2 songs, “Amazing Grace” and “Heaven Bound Train.” Texas pastor Chuck Swindoll is the keynote speaker for this year’s Prayer Breakfast; the breakfast begins at 7:00 a.m. Tickets start at $25 per person. Anyone interested in attending is encouraged to do so.

In light of their accomplishments, the FC ladies ensemble has received the opportunity to travel to New York City and perform at Carnegie Hall after their win at the American Heritage Festival. The trip is scheduled for April 25 – May 2.

This writer can be reached via Twitter:  @macyyvictoria and via email: Macy Mascarenas.

For more news, read BRIEF: 49th Annual World Ag Expo to take place in Tulare.