BRIEF: 49th Annual World Ag Expo to take place in Tulare

20160209-fc-ag-expo-001
[/media-credit] The World Ag Expo will once again draw farmers to Tulare for exchanging and observing agriculture.

This year many farmers and dairymen from across the globe will once again travel to Tulare, California to gather together at one of the biggest farming events in the world. Farmers visit the World Ag Expo every year to observe the new machinery or equipment that they may use for their crops or livestock.

“Tulare’s Field and Row Crop Equipment Show”, as it was first named, has been held annually since 1968. The first event saw 28,000 visitors, and as the years went on, the show soon began to outgrow its small beginnings. Each year more people travel to Tulare to see what new technologies in farming companies have to offer.

The show now attracts many foreign companies who are eager to share their products with others. It is estimated that the show draws in 100,000 visitors every year from over 50 different countries. Although most of the attendees are farmers, many others visit the expo as well due to its wide variety of exhibits.

For almost half a century, the World Ag Expo in Tulare, California has been one of the top agricultural events in the nation. The expo shows off new products in many different areas of agriculture and features over 2.6 million square feet of exhibit space.

This year the show will once again feature its popular Top 10 New Product competition. The event will also feature different seminars with varying topics about agriculture. This year much of the focus will be on new techniques in water conservation because of the drought in California.

This year’s World Ag Expo will be held Feb. 9 through Feb. 11. During the first two days, the Ag show will be open from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m., while the final day of the show will be open from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. The general admission to get into the show is $15, however children 6 and under get in free.

This author can be reached via Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.

For more news, read BRIEF: Leadership prepares for WSL talent show.