Carpenter’s Tools shares mission, music

From the West Coast to the East Coast, the good news of Jesus Christ has been shared through the musical ministry of Carpenter’s Tools International (CTI). They have toured across America and have led thousands of teens in worship and prayer. CTI was in chapel on Oct. 24 to share their ministry opportunities.

“It’s really cool to present the gospel in the same age bracket as we are and see the results of what God is doing,” Matt Kargas, CTI’s drummer said. “I would say that anyone who feels the call of service to look into this music ministry.”

Carpenter’s Tools also partners with Youth For Christ, an organization which emphasizes ministry and missions, and presents the gospel utilizing intense dramas and motivating speakers.

“It’s amazing to be able to serve God in such a fun yet powerful way,” Rachel Jendrzejewski vocalist said. “You can do what you love and change lives at the same time.”

In an upcoming tour, Carpenter’s Tools will be traveling to Hong Kong for a two-week outreach mission.

Students can become involved in Carpenter’s Tools as long as they have a desire to serve and have some musical talents. The group often has tryouts throughout the year.

“I tired out for Carpenter’s Tools because I love to sing and wanted to use singing to bring glory to God,” Dawn Steele, ’03, said. “I don’t know if I will be involved in Carpenter’s Tools but I will be praying about it. I know that in every opportunity God can either open the door or close it. I took the opportunity and we’ll see what happens from there.”

Students who want to become a part of CTI’s purpose of reaching young people with the gospel of Jesus, can access information at www.ctimusic.com. For more information on Youth For Christ, go online at www.gospelcom.net/yfc/.