Brother to Brother sponsors Manliness Conference

Members of Brother to Brother gather in Terry Richards room for the first 2016 Brother to Brother on campus lunch, Jan. 11.
20151102-Fc-brother-to-brother-001
[/media-credit] Brother to Brother is sponsoring the upcoming Manliness Conference, April 8-9.

The 1st annual Manliness Conference is set for April 8-9. The event will be hosted by Fresno Christian and will be sponsored by Brother to Brother. The purpose is to help young men, ages 9-12, realize that truly “manly” men follow Christ. Snacks, a continental breakfast, a lunch sponsored by Christian Business men and Hume Lake, and a speech from one of the greatest speakers in America will be on the agenda.

Brother to Brother gives the chance for high school guys to mentor a junior high student. Once a month, the brothers meet for an on-campus lunch and an off-campus lunch. Brother to Brother adviser, Terry Richards feels that the Manliness Conference gives guys a chance to connect with one another.

“There’s a lot of things for girls,” Richards said. ” There’s just not a lot of things for guys. The conference gives guys a chance to connect with each other. We have one of the best speakers in America coming, Chuck Stecker. He talks a lot with guys so it was highly recommended that he come.”

Being a part of the program for multiple years, Matt Tanaka, ’17, likes the idea of the conference to unify men across the valley for God.

“I have been a part of Brother to Brother for four years,” Tanaka said. “I was in it for two years as a younger brother and this is my second year as an older brother. I think the idea of the Manliness Conference is really cool. I think that it is a great idea to unify men in the valley for God. It will also make our school known for this mentor program.”

Trevor Trevino, ’17, has been part of the Brother to Brother program for three years. Trevino is excited to meet new people at the conference and is looking forward to serving.

“I was in brother to brother for one year as a younger brother,” Trevino said. “This is my second year as an older brother. I am excited for the conference mainly because I get the opportunity to meet new people and serve. I am also looking forward to listening to the speakers and learning how to be a Godly man.”

The conference is over a two day span and is open to guys and dads, or just guys brought by their youth pastors. There is still a need for volunteers, so if you would like to help or just have some questions, contact Terry Richards via email: Terry Richards.

For another article on Brother to Brother, read: Brother to Brother program concludes with end of year luncheon.

This writer can be reached via Twitter: @nick_leblanc1 and via email: Nick LeBlanc.