Endless possibilities fill day off

Mission trips may take a year and sports tournaments last a weekend, but what can you do in a day? The possibilities seem endless as students plan for the campus-wide half-day on April 13.

In their spare time, a few students plan participate in school activities in preparation for upcoming events.

?I am going to be busy with band,? Andrew King, ?06, said. ?We have practice that night because we are preparing for a band festival.?

Some students plan to just to kick back and relax, snatching a chance to rejuvenate from the normal school routine.

?I want to just enjoy my day off and relax and have a good time,? Kirzia Tovar, ?06, said. ?I plan on going to the movies with my friends.?

Others are thrilled over the simple opportunity to have a day where they do not have to deal with the usual load of homework.

?I am not going to worry about school or homework or all the usual stuff that?s on my mind? Marielle Desroiser, ?08, said. ?I?m just going to hang out with my friends and have fun.?

A few students on campus mourn the loss of half a day of school.

?I hate having a day off,? Rachel Kruger, ?08, said. ? I love school and would live here if it was possible.?

Teachers on campus plan to use the time off for in-service, which gives them a chance to revaluate themselves and get help with improving their teaching methods.

?During our in-service, we will learn how to improve the ways we teach,? Rod Atchley, science teacher, said. ?We will also walk through the teaching standards we should be meeting.?

Whatever their plans for the day, it is clear that everyone plans to enjoy their day off.