PROMO: Spring Formal to be held Sat., April 2

20150328-fc-nots-017
[/media-credit] Spring Formal will be held at Wolf Lakes, the same venue as last years formal.

Elegant dresses, sharp looking tuxedos, and limousines will soon be together at Wolf Lakes for the Fresno Christian High School spring formal. Formerly named NOTS (or Night of the Stars), this year’s spring formal will be themed “A Night at Gatsby”. The event will start at six o’clock in the evening and pictures will be taken during the first hour.

Unlike previous years, this year’s spring formal will not feature movies made by the classes. It will instead feature carnival like games that students will be able to partake in. Leadership advisor Robert Foshee believes this years formal will be a great change.

“This year we are taking a break from movies, but we filled in the time with some even better stuff,” Foshee said. “There is going to be a great dinner that will be worth the price (of admission) itself, there will be opportunities to go on the lake itself at Wolf Lakes. There’s going to be games throughout the night that people can be involved with also.”

Prizes will also be rewarded to the winners of games. Prizes include an iPad mini, dinner and movie packages, gifts cards and many other items that students will be able to win.

Many students look forward to formal not only for the opportunity to win prizes, but also for the opportunity to spend time with friends. Hannah Nale, ’17, is excited to spend formal with some of her close friends.

20150328-fc-nots-019
[/media-credit] Students previously made movies for NOTS (Night of the Stars), but Spring Formal will host different entertainment this year.

“I am super excited to dress up and get all cute,” Nale said. “But more than anything I am looking forward to spending the night with a bunch of great friends and taking a limo. Also going and having the awards night and playing some fun games will be fun.”

However, some students have decided that they would rather do other things than attend formal. Brandon Brogan, ’19, decided that he did not want to ask anyone to formal his freshmen year.

“I didn’t really feel like asking anybody (to formal) this year,” Brogan said. “It’s my first year and I still have three more years to figure out who I want to ask. On Saturday I’m probably going to go bowling with some of my friends instead.”

Dinner will also be served at 8 p.m.  This will be the second consecutive year in which the annual FCS High School formal event will be held at Wolf Lakes.

[fusion_soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/256790353″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”150″ iframe=”true” /]

Tickets are still on sale this week, and the price is currently $70 per ticket. Picture forms are also available to pick up in the office. Don’t miss this opportunity to attend the 2016 FCHS spring formal.

For more information about this years “A Night at Gatsby” formal, contact Vicky Belmont in the upstairs office or any of the leadership students.

For last year’s formal article, please read NOTS excites student atmosphere, impresses attendees.