Water wars promise fun, retaliation

As the school year nears its end and summer gets closer with every passing day, students grow increasingly spontaneous and enthusiastic.

The campus leadership team has decided to take advantage of these circumstances and plan one last spirit week, May 2-6. Although there is a wide variety of scheduled events, some students grow eager for one in particular: the Water Wars on May 4.

In past years, different water games have been a big hit on campus and have contributed to genuine student bonding.

?Every class will have water balloons according to their class color,? Ericlee Gimore, leadership adviser, said. ?Students will be able to compete in different games.?

Gilmore explained that in one event, the Teacher Battleship, students will be able to try their hand at using the water balloons to hit and soak their teachers from different distances.

?With balloons, there?s always a possibility of some mild violence,? Gilmore said. ?But overall, I think the students are just going to be having fun.?

Current weather patterns have been of some threat to the scheduled events.

?It?s kind of diapointing because the weather was really nice and this recent shift is kind of a problem,? Samantha Krikorian, president of the freshmen class, said. ?If it?s raining or really cold during spirit week we probably won?t have the Water Wars, but we?re praying for the best.?

Snow cones will be served and students are being asked to wear their respective class colors.

?We usually try to incorporate some water fun with the end of the year spirit week,? Gilmore said. ?Leadership is trying to plan another event in case this doesn?t work out, but I think it will.?

Water wars gave students a chance to cool off during an otherwise potentially stressful time just before finals.

?This is the perfect time of year to start being kind of silly but to still be serious about classes,? Krikorian said. ?Besides, water is always fun anyway.?

Spirit Week continues with the Associated Student Body speeches and election on May 5.

For more information about activities during Spirit Week contact Gilmore at [email protected] or contact the high school office at 299-1695, ext.5.