Room Escape offers unique opportunity, thrilling

20160415-LA-Room-escape-001
[/media-credit] Students visited the Room Escape LA, here they are shown in the midst of escaping the prison landscape.

While roaming around the city of Los Angeles and seeing views that may have only been possible to see through the eyes of a movie. Students discovered the strange, yet entertaining, Room Escape LA.

Walking down Sunset Blvd. we arrived at a dark colored building with a flyer taped on the door labeled”Room Escape LA”. After entering, students waited in the lounge, entertaining themselves in various manners after a along day of activities.

Many of the students had heard of Room Escape and were eager to try it out. They had either seen it on television or knew someone who had been to the location.

“I saw it on T.V. and I have been waiting for two years to do it. Ladd said. “I am so excited to go and see what Room Escape is all about.”

Others had no idea and quickly dismissed it as a lame place to adventure.

“I never heard of the place before until the group brought it up in the options for things to do.” Christopher said. “I thought it was a place for kids or a really hard puzzle game where you sat down, boy was I wrong.”

At the other locations in LA they just fill up the room with the people you came with and a couple strangers, but at our location it is strictly with the group you came with. Every Escape Room LA has different rooms and with different layouts. My favorite part about these rooms is the sense of joy when figuring out the clue and getting one step closer to the final result.–Nick, Employee of Room Escape (last name withheld)

Room Escape has locations all over the country including Dallas, LA, New York, and Philadelphia. The concept of the game is to get put into a room with up to six other friends and to solve the mystery of the room and be let out, all within the one hour time limit. Each room has a different theme such as bank robbery, zombies, prison, and bunker. Room Escape LA puts the participants into the action and have them make their own storyline in which they star the lead role. Macy Mascarenas was in the zombie themed room and helped her group find all the clues to escape the room.

20160415-LA-Room-escape-002
[/media-credit] Students were given 16 minutes to dismantle a nuclear device in a cold war bunker.

“I thought Room Escape LA was really fun and was very tricky.” Mascarenas said. “It was all happening so quickly and the timer on the wall was not helping either, but in the end we figured out the room and escaped so I’m happy about that.”

Room Escape LA employee, Nick, explained the purpose of the mysterious puzzle game rooms and his favorite part of the exhibit.

“At the other locations in LA they just fill up the room with the people you came with and a couple strangers, but at our location it is strictly with the group you came with.” Nick said. “Every Escape Room LA has different rooms and with different layouts. My favorite part about these rooms is the sense of joy when figuring out the clue and getting one step closer to the final result.”

Overall the Room Excape was really enjoyable. It was stimulating in that it made me think outside of the box, and allow myself to be someone else entirely. The main goal of this exhibit was to create teamwork between its participants. For high school students this is key, as we are in the midst of growing and shaping our lives and personalities. For anyone in the LA area, give Room Escape LA a  look.

[rwp-review id=”0″]

For more Reviews check out, Staff travels to Griddle Cafe, indulges in decadent breakfast

this writer can be reached via Twitter: @garchakevin8 and via email.