Administration archives athletic achievements

Fingers quiver, eyes twitch and time ticks away while a miniscule list scrolls down the screen before a man who attempts the impossible.

Amidst the tossed files and vast array of papers that clutter the desk of a man at work, develops the extensive history of sports records set by many years of dedicated students.

At the head of this complicated task stands a self-motivated man, George Freeman, dean of students, who took it upon himself to create the long list of historical records.

“I received the idea from the Fresno Pacific University webpage,” Freeman said. “When I went in search their women’s basketball records I saw their sports history section.

“Then I decided that it would be beneficial to create our own historical archive available on the Internet to inform both campus and alumni of our previous wins and losses.”

This will be the first time in the campus’ history that sports history will be available on the Internet for the public to view.

“My hopes are for people to gain a better appreciation for our schools’ athletics over the past 25 years,” Freeman said. “How many people actually know that we had cross-country in ’86 and ’87 and that apparently we did quite well?”

Many attempts prior to Freeman’s current construction of campus sports history failed to display the history in its entirety, leaving fragmented clusters of it unfilled and unknown to anyone at the time.

Freeman’s webpage would allow students, parents and even alumni to view the records and spark a certain interest in sports for the entire campus.

“So far, many years of records have not been mentioned or discovered, leaving only former yearbook stats and collected files to be attained for use,” Freeman said.

With only specks of history dating back from 1982, no other historical records have been recovered since the schools’ beginning in 1979.

“Without the help of students or alumni with knowledge of past records, the project will take months to finish,” Freeman said.

Both current students and previous alumni with knowledge of past sports histories or outstanding events that occurred within the last 15 years are encouraged to e-mail Freeman at [email protected].

Visit www.fresnochristian.com and go to the Sports menu bar and then click on HS Sports. At the Sports menu, click on Information to load and to watch the progress of Freeman’s webpage as it continues to expand through the duration of the school year. ” “Brianna Stobbe, Photographer” “Despite the fog and cold, the girls’ tennis team won their second consecutive WSL tennis championship. Coach George Freeman’s team also went 18-0.” “FC file photo” “Besides coaching, George Freeman, back right, led the girls’ volleyball team into the 1990s.” “Fresno Christian homepage