Ravishing Red Ladies challenge Grouchy Green Grinches

The cheers of their friends welcome the Pretty Pink Princesses onto the court. As they warm up, the varsity girls’ volleyball team, disguised as rosy royalty steals a glance at their opponents.

Without their shoulder pads and helmets, the varsity football team appears less opposing, but the girls know that these Big Blue Boys plan on putting up a good fight.

The time has come again for another Pretty Pink Princesses vs. Big Blue Boys volleyball game. In this Dec. 10 face-off, the varsity girls’ volleyball team and the varsity boys’ football team go head to head in a heated volleyball match. In past two years, the girls have won all but one game, leaving the total score at 5-1.

Despite the losses of past seasons, some hold optimism for the guys and believe they have a chance at defeating the girls this year.

“I think the football team actually has a chance this year,” Wesley Wells, ’06, said. “As long as the guys give it all they got, there is a possibility for them to win.”

Referee Scott Falk, campus pastor, will ensure a clean game; or at least a game in which everything goes according to his plan.

“I will never be a fair referee,” Falk said. “I am fully available to bribes of all kinds, Butterfinger chocolate bars being my favorite.”

This year, in keeping with the Christmas Spirit, the teams will be renamed, the Princesses becoming the Ravishing Red Ladies, and the Blue Boys transforming to the Grouchy Green Grinches.

The Dec. 10 game will be begin at 11 A.M. in the gym. For more information on the event, contact student leadership advisors Ericlee Gilmore at [email protected] or Josh Tosland at [email protected].