CSF embarks on annual college trip

20160920-fc-college-fair-004
[/media-credit] CSF will be taking their annual college trip down south, Oct. 13-14.

CSF set to visit four universities in two days

The annual FC college trip is October 13-14. Put on by the California Scholastic Federation (CSF), eight FC juniors and seniors as well as first year advisor of CSF Andrea Donaghe will be attending.

Students will be touring UCLA, USC, Biola, and Cal State Fullerton in their trip down south. Students leave from the gym on Oct. 13 at 6 a.m.

The students will be visiting UCLA first thing on Thursday morning. They then head to USC later in the afternoon that day. After touring USC they will be visiting Medieval Times for dinner. The next day they will visit Biola as well as Cal State Fullerton before heading back to FC.

The purpose of the trip is to expose the students to colleges outside of Fresno. It is to open their eyes to opportunities around them. CSF advisor Andrea Donaghe looks forward to seeing some of her former students on their new college campuses.

“I am looking forward to Biola,” Donaghe said. “I have never been there and am looking forward to seeing Alexis Kalugin again. The entire point of this trip is to expose students to other colleges and to provide them with the “on-campus” experience. There are not always the opportunities for students to see what colleges are outside of the valley. Many of the students going on this trip are sophomores and I do not think it is every too early to begin exploring your options-especially for something as important as college.”

Several students from all grades are going and are very excited to tour the college campuses. Senior Nevan Gonzalez is especially excited to go to Medieval Times and experience the environment of it.

“I wanted to go to actually get out and visit some colleges,” Gonzalez said. “I am especially excited to tour and see UCLA as I have heard it is a fantastic campus. I haven’t seen many colleges yet and I really want to see what some of them are like, both private and public.”

[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/291143317″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”150″ iframe=”true” /]

20160505-fc-csf-tutoring-001
[/media-credit] CSF offers tutoring to K-12 campus students.

CSF member Jarrod Markarian, ’17, will not be attending the college trip. His reasoning behind not going on the trip is because he already knows where he will be attending college next year. Markarian will also be out of town this weekend.

“I’m not going on the college trip cause I already know I am going to Fresno State next year,” Markarian said. “Beside the fact that I have already made up my mind, I will also be out of town this weekend. The college trip is a good oppurtunity for people that still need to make decisions about where they want to go.”

FC students will be returning Friday evening at around 9 p.m.

For more news read, Hurricane Matthew hits east coast, causes devastation.

This writer can be reached via Twitter: Dawsontriplitt and via email: Dawson Triplitt