Candy cane grams infuse joy

Small sticks of white and red fill mouths with a bombardment of peppermint flavor. The sight of a small message attached to the wrapper adds even more joy to this Christmas season.

Student leadership is currently selling candy cane grams, which are two candy canes that have a special message attached.

“It’s a special way to tell your friends or that ?special someone’ how much you care during this Christmas season,” Bethany Morton, ’06, said. “The money is going towards a cause that will benefit the student body.”

The profits from the sale will be used to defer the cost of Night of the Stars tickets.

“Hopefully the money we raise will help lower the cost of formal,” Josh Tosland, leadership advisor said. “Also, the sale helps the students get more involved in the giving spirit.”

Receiving a gift from a friend brings extra cheer to the season.

“I think more students should buy them,” Morton said. “I mean, everyone likes to get a special something during this joyful time. It also is really fun to send them and see the looks on peoples’ faces.”

During the week of Dec. 6-10th the candy cane grams were on sale, the price was fifty cents. Leadership representatives Morton, Tara Albrechtson, ?06, Kim Bimat, ?06, David Bethea, ?08, and David Fujihara, ’08, were selling them.

“For the small price of fifty cents you can make someone feel really special,” Fujihara said. “It may seem insignificant, but small things can go a long way.”

The candy cane grams will be delivered during fourth period, on a surprise day during finals week.

For more information about upcoming leadership activities, contact Tosland at 299-1695, ext. 152 or at [email protected].