Daniel Ayres brings intensity, passion to football team

20160912-fc-football-075
[/media-credit] Daniel Ayres started football back when he was in third grade for the Nipomo Titans, a Pop Warner team from his hometown.

Every team has the one player that is willing to go the extra mile to reach success. This hard work and dedication will not only benefit the individual but also the team. For the FC football team, Daniel Ayres, ’17, is that person.

He first started playing back in third grade when he signed up for a pop warner team in his hometown. Since then, Ayres has always been playing football.

“I saw the sign ups for the Pop Warner team in my hometown and it sounded like a fun–a manly sport where I could hit people and not get in trouble,” Ayres said. “I started playing in third grade for a team called the Nipomo Titans. Ever since then, I have continuously been in either pop warner or school ball.”

He believes that he is surpassing his play this season, despite having a stellar junior year. Even though he has had recent success, playing at the college level does not interest him.

“I currently play middle linebacker on defense,” Ayres said. “This season is going very well not only for me personally, but also for the team. Last year was a stellar year for me but I think I am surpassing my performance. College football does not really interest me. I have the mindset of starting my career, but if I were to get an offer, I would take it.”

[fusion_soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/290413864″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”150″ iframe=”true” /]

By leading the team through action and positive talk, Sage Sobrado, ’17, believes that Ayres is the backbone of the defense.

“Ayres is a big part of our team and is the backbone for the defense,” Sobrado said. “He brings confidence into our team and leads others through his actions. He is always motivating the younger players and encourages the entire team.”

20160912-fc-football-077
[/media-credit] Daniel Ayres plays middle linebacker and is the backbone for the defense.

Tyler Villines, ’18, enjoys the amount of passion that Ayres brings to the team. He gets the rest of the players pumped up by his big time plays.

Ayres brings so much passion to this team,” Villines said. “Over the course of the season, I think that it’s rubbing off onto the other players. He gets everyone hyped by the monster plays he makes.”

This is Ayres’ fourth year playing football for FC. He is also one of three captains. He currently leads the team with 119 solo tackles, two short of his total from last year.

The Eagles’ next game will be, Oct. 28 at home against Stone Ridge Christian at 7 p.m. This game will also be senior night in which 11 seniors will be honored with pregame festivities at 6:30 p.m. Come out and support your Eagles!

For another article, read: Promo: Football hosts Stone Ridge Christian for senior night.

This writer can be reached via Twitter: @nick_leblanc1 and via email: Nick LeBlanc.