NF releases energetic, unexpected single

maxresdefault-1
[/media-credit] NF surprised fans with an unexpected single, “Warm Up.”

Christian rapper NF surprised fans and recently released a new single, “Warm Up.” Although the song was released on Sept. 9, it was not available on iTunes until Oct. 7. He stated that it was not part of an album but just something for the fans.

This song was very energetic and upbeat. Once again, NF produced a hit song. The thing I mostly noticed about it was how often he referenced the adversity he has overcome. He talked about how he believes his rap game is superior to his competitors.

“You wanna know what I do in my downtime? They come to my fortress, I apologize for all the corpses, it’s a mess right now but I haven’t had time to put the rappers in the coffins.”

He also states that he is not concerned about money or how much he makes.

“I just turned 100k down just to keep the brand looking right, now I ain’t bragging about the money I’m just saying I ain’t controlled by the bank account or the bank amounts.”

nf-web2
[/media-credit] Even with all of his popularity, NF sometimes wishes that he could relive his high school days.

Despite all of the praise that NF has gotten, he later says that he sometimes wishes that he could go back to his high school days. Even his teachers didn’t think that he could grow up to be a rapper.

“I kinda miss being broke, now let me go back to my old days, when I used to walk into high school and hand out my CD in hallways. I told all my teachers that I’d be a rapper, they smiled and looked at me, “Okay, that’s a pretty nice dream, but you better get a real job.”

This song in my opinion is flawless, but if I had to point out a negative, it would be that NF fails to incorporate the gospel into the song despite being a Christian rapper. He has gotten hate for this before, but I don’t see an issue with it. NF’s music is unique and he is sharing his life issues, which I’ve mentioned in previous reviews, I am a fan of.

Yet again, NF produced another great song. “Warm Up,” was a great sequel to, “Therapy Session,” and I am excited to see what else he comes out with.

[rwp-review id=”0″]

For another review, read: ‘This Is Not a Test’ offers high tempo, positive music.

This writer can be reached via Twitter: @nick_leblanc1 and via email: Nick LeBlanc.