Musical concert wows audience

Angelic bass and soprano voices mixed with the rich tones of the clarinet and the trombone during the band and choir concert at Community Bible Center on Dec. 13. The music extravaganza is an annual tradition that offers a glimpse into the school’s superior music program.

First-year choir director Aaron Bryan felt it important to make a good first impression.

“Everyone loved our ?Fruitcake’ song,” Dori Richardson, ’05, said. “It was the easiest song to sing and perform, but everyone loved it the most.”

Bryan was determined to create a new chapter for the campus choir and ensemble by adding variety and uniqueness. “Fruitcake”, easily the audience’s favorite song, was a musical piece that broke new ground for the concert choir.

“Usually, I’m not very impressed by the choir, but this year I love their performance!” Charlene Schmidt, audience member, said.

Bryan thought his first Christmas concert at his new school was a great success.

“I couldn’t be more pleased with the way the choir performed,” Bryan said. “They gave one hundred percent, and it sounded beautiful. Everyone seemed to have a really good time.”

Paul McEntee, campus band director, was also extremely pleased by the concert results.

“I think this is the best Christmas concert the band has ever performed,” McEntee said. “The students played well, and the crowd loved it.”

Each person in the audience has their favorite music group.

“I love the Jazz Band; it’s my favorite part,” Sue Muzny, band parent, said. “They always play fast, fun tunes that my husband and I enjoy.”

Many of the band members were apprehensive about the chosen songs.

“I was really worried about how the concert band was going to do,” Andrew King, ’06, said. “?Chorale and Toccata’ is a very difficult piece to play, but that night it sounded better than it ever had before!”

Band, choir and ensemble members are looking forward to a great sounding spring season.

The next opportunity to see the music department in action will be at the fine arts concert at Veteran’s Memorial Auditorium on Feb. 22.