Boys' soccer sport shorts, 2004-05

BOYS’ SOCCER

SEASON END

Caruthers defeated FC, 4-1, on Feb. 11 to end their season. Ryan Taylor scored the lone Eagles’ goal.

Their overall record is 6-17-1 and are now 1-12-1 in the W.S.L. as of Feb. 11.

The Eagles were defeated by Madera Rancho’s Liberty Hawks, 0-1, on Feb. 9 in a make-up game.

The boys were defeated by the Fowler Redcats, 4-2, on Feb. 8. Robert Guerra, of Fowler, scored the final goal in the 73 minute to put the game away. Goals for the Eagles were scored by seniors Kyle Brewer and Tim Westra.

The team’s game versus the Liberty Hawks on Jan. 28 was cancelled due to a lack of placement coordination and has been rescheduled for Feb. 9 at 3:30.

The boys tied against the Mendota Aztecs, Feb. 4 after sophomore, Chris Ericson and Ryan Taylor both scored in the second half but the Aztecs pulled off a miracle goal in the 70th minute to force a tie.

The boys lost to Tranquillity, 0-4, on Feb. 1.

FC was defeated by the Mendota Aztecs, 2-1, despite leading 1-0 at half. Goalkeeper, junior Derek George, suffered a broken hand in the second half when an Aztec forward kicked George’s hand after he had possesion. The Eagle’s goal was scored by Ryan Taylor off a corner kick.

The boys were defeated by Firebaugh, 7-2, on Jan. 25. Tim Westra and Aaron Ortiz scored for the Eagles. Ortiz’s goal was by penalty kick.

The team hosted Riverdale on Jan. 21 and was defeated, 7-2. Jeramy Ramos and Nate Weis scored the two FC goals.

Due to weather conditions, the boys’ game against Mendota was cancled for Jan. 11. It has been rescheduled for Jan. 26.

The Eagels lost to Caruthers, 1-0, on Jan. 18.

FC lost to Fowler, 4-1, in their match on Jan. 14. The Eagles goal was scored by Ryan Taylor.

Tranquillity defeated FC, 5-0, on Jan. 7. Raul Suarez scored two goals for the Tigers who improved to 3-0 in the West Sierra League.

Josh Powell led the Eagles to a 2-1 win over Liberty-Madera Ranchos on Jan. 4 for their first West Sierra League win of the season.

GARCES TOURNAMENT on Dec. 17-18:

In their final game of the tournament, FC defeated Wasco by forfit on Dec. 18.

FC lost to Tehachipi, 0-1, on Dec. 17.

FC played a close game against McFarland. But the Eagles defeated their opponant, 5-4, on Dec. 17. FC goals by Tim Westra, Josh Powell, Tyler Enns, Aaron Ortiz and Caleb Thiessen.

The Eagles were defeated against Woodlake, 0-7, on Dec. 17.

The boys’ lost to Shafter, 1-3, in their first game on Dec. 17. FC goal by Tim Westra.

The boys’ record in the Garces Tournament: 2-3

The Eagles lost to Firebaugh 0-1 on Dec. 16.

The boys lost to Riverdale, 0-6, on Dec. 14.

FC defeated Buena Vista 3-0 on Dec. 3. Josh Powell scored the opening two goals while Cory Maxey and Chris Erickson rounded out the scoring. The boys are now 1-0-1 for the season.

FC tied with Central Valley Christian 1-1 on Nov. 30. Tyler Enns scored the FC goal.