Playstation 3 worth the investment

Even before the Playstation 3?s Nov. 17 release date, it was already one of the most talked about gaming systems. Sony?s Playstation 3 costs around $500 or $600. It is worth its price because of the investment Sony made in its new technology.

The X-box 360 does cost much less, at around $300 and $400, but does not have as much potential as the PS3.

The PS3 uses a blu-ray disc for its games. This gives the PS3 about twice as much space to fit on a disc as the Xbox 360. The blu-ray disc the PS3 uses holds around 50 GB of data. While the HD DVD drive the Xbox 360 uses only holds around 30 GB.

This gives Playstation 3 more space on the disc for better graphics, in depth levels and more features for each game.

However this only happens if game?s company wants to put more effort in. In my opinion that has not been the case for all games yet. This is seen in games such as Tony Hawk’s Project 8. Little details in graphics such as lighting, background scenery, and grass or trees are better on the Xbox 360 while game play is similar.

The biggest edge the Xbox 360 has over the PS3 is not its price but its online game play. The Playstation offers free online but is far less popular and used less on multiplatform games.

The PS3 is also compatible with Blu-ray DVD?s. A Blu-ray DVD player can go up to $1000. The PS3 is about half that price.

Right now the PS3 is slightly behind the X-box 360 in small details, but in the next few months and years to come I think it will greatly surpass any system on the market. The Playstation 3 is worth the price because of the new technology it uses.