Fall family picnic unites FC community

20161105-fall-picnic-002
[/media-credit] The FC PTF hosted a school wide fall family picnic, Nov. 4.

PTF hosts school wide family picnic 

During a cool Friday night, FC hosted the annual PTF Fall Family Picnic, Nov. 4. The event included food, sports, bounce houses, and a firetruck. The purpose of this night was to allow anyone to be a part of a friendly environment while also enjoying different festivities. 

FC typically hosts a fall event for the community. Long time FC teacher Robert Foshee enjoyed this year’s picnic. He appreciates sense of unity at school wide events on campus. 

“I thought Jen Alberta did a great job of setting up this whole event,” Foshee said. “What I like about these events is that you see the elementary, junior high, and high school kids and parents. Everyone comes to hang out and have a good time. I think our campus events are really genuine compared to other schools. We break the lines of different social groups by meeting new people or reuniting with old friends.”

[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/291648716″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”150″ iframe=”true” /]

FC students of all ages attended the event. Evan Brooks, ’22, wanted to come out and support his school. His enjoyed playing soccer with his friends. 

“I came to the picnic because I thought that it would be fun and I wanted to support my school,” Brooks said. “My favorite part was playing soccer. I really like it and I got to play it with my friends.” 

Logan Lewis, ’20, came to the picnic after his basketball practice. He was happily surprised when he saw the free food. He looked forward to hanging out with his friends and meeting new people.

“I came to the picnic right after basketball practice,” Lewis said. “Seeing all this food out here is awesome and the fact that it is free is even better. The PTF really outdid themselves. This picnic has been awesome so far. For the rest of the night I’m just gonna be hanging out my friends, meeting new people and enjoying myself.”

I am here tonight to support FC. I appreciate all that this school does. I believe that this community is made up of all good people. The parents and faculty are all very open and accepting of others. If you meet someone they will kindly shake your hand and have a conversation with you. Fresno Christian is just a good place for a family to be at. –Andrew Whipple

This event was not just for children. Parents and faculty were welcome to attend the picnic. FC football coach Brad Gage appreciated the hospitality and friendliness of everyone there.

“I liked the idea of having a gathering where everyone could just relax and have a good time,” Gage said. “The friendliness of everyone I talked to was impressive and I appreciated the hospitality of all the teachers. I had a very good time at the picnic.”

While the event was put on by the FC Parent Teacher Fellowship, leadership students also attended the event. Senior Brooklynn Ainley enjoyed the event because of the friendly atmosphere. Despite not being required to attend, she wanted to support her school.

20161105-fall-picnic-004
[/media-credit] Students enjoyed bounces houses that were at the picnic for anyone to play on.

“As a leadership student I was not required to come to the event,” Ainley said. “I am here because I love FC. This school is awesome. I love events like this because everyone comes together as one community. No matter what age you are from K-12 or what your connection is to FC you are invited. This is what Fresno Christian is all about.”

Andrew Whipple has been involved in the FC community for a long time. He has a daughter Carlee Whipple, ’18, and wife Darbie Whipple who is the high school secretary. He commends FC for being a family friendly community.

“I am here tonight to support FC,” Whipple said. “I appreciate all that this school does. I believe that this community is made up of all good people. The parents and faculty are all very open and accepting of others. If you meet someone they will kindly shake your hand and have a conversation with you. Fresno Christian is just a good place for a family to be at.”

This is not the only event that FC includes the whole community in. The FC marching band and cheerleaders will be participating in the Fresno Veteran’s Day Parade, Nov. 11. All of the FC community is encouraged to come and honor the veterans together.

For another article read, Common App provides useful student resume builder

These writers can be reached via email: Nick LeBlanc and Phillip Christopher.