Back-to-School Night showcases programs, facilities, staff

Parents rush in an effort to combat time and to find the correct classrooms, confused like freshman on the first day of school. They might trip on the stairs, mix up the classes and get a little nervous/ excited for their kids? new year.

This parent chaos is annually called Back-to-School Night, and this year was scheduled on Aug. 29 in Building 6.

Back-to-School Night was held for different purposes: the principal, teachers, and even parents themselves all have reasons for attending. It was also designed for any parents who wish to sign up for parent clubs such as PSN or sports boosters.

?Parents get to know teachers and get a feel for the classes,? Principal Gary Schultz, said. He goes on to discuss some of the things focused on, like programs and fellowship.

Administrators are not the only ones who hold Back-to-School Night in high esteem.

?I demonstrated the Smart Board to the parents and how to efficiently use The Vault,? Mike Fenton, math teacher, said. ?I wanted them to see the new technology we?re using this year in the math department.?

Yet some parents do not have the opportunity to attend the evening activity due to their children?s apathy.

?I don?t bother to tell my parents about Back-to-School Night,? Alexandra Hart, ?06, said. ?If they don?t know what classes I have they can?t hound me as much about homework.?

Most parents however, find the night to be very informative and make sure they are present every year.

?I enjoy Back-to-School Night because it?s a chance to get to know Mikey?s [Wills, ?06] teachers and classes better,? Julie Wills, senior mom, said. It?s also a great way to get to know the other parents.

For more information about Back-to-School Night, visit www.fresnochristian.com or call the high school office at 299-1695, ext. 5.