Night rally, new student luncheon encourage involvement

Oreo pudding darts were flung through the air and slapped into the faces of startled students. The night rally held at Woodward Park took place on Aug. 19 amidst anticipation. Student leadership coordinated this spirited event to stimulate student fellowship and involvement.

?Student leadership planned the night rally to encourage both new and old students to get involved,? Bethany Morton, ?06, said. ?I think everyone who went had an awesome time, and there will be so much more to look forward to this year.?

This night rally was a Jamaican theme: each class ran against the other in a team relay and a food-eating contest that turned into a food fight. Student leadership also set up an outdoor movie set featuring Cool Runnings. The students relaxed on the grass on blankets with popcorn and a Jamaican film.

?The night rally was really fun for a change,? Kenny Chapple, ?09, said. ?Being in high school gives more opportunities to be involved in events.?

Over 100 new and freshman students during lunch gathered in Ground Zero for pizza and get to know you bingo for the new student luncheon also held on Aug. 19.

Student leadership handed out flyers a few days ahead of the event to encourage students to attend, some even received a personal phone call.

?I had so much fun at the luncheon and the night rally, ?Julia Schnur, ?05, said. ?I?m glad there are events especially for new students like me to be involved in.?

The goals for this year in the leadership class are to promote school spirit, build a family mentality, and become spiritual lights on campus.

?I hope the luncheon was welcoming and fun,? Suzie Falk, ?06, said. ?As a senior in leadership it is important to focus on new students and set a good example.?

Leadership has planned numerous events for the fall: Grizzlies stadium, beach trip, and Homecoming, plus many more activities to come for winter.

For more information on upcoming students events, the calendar can be accessed at www.fresnochristian.com or call the high school office at 299-1695, ext. 5.