Beach trip game on

The word beach brings several things to mind sand, the smell of salt water, the sun lightly shining down upon shoulders. For this campus it means football games and the mass western migration of students.

This campus will be going to Cambria to watch the football game against Coast Union, on Sept. 23. And the beach trip offers students an opportunity to leave Fresno and enjoy the coastal waters of Cayucos.

?I am going to the beach trip because I really enjoy walking around with my friends and doing whatever we want,? Jessica Berg, ?07, said. ?The atmosphere of being at the beach would be fun in itself. It is also a chance to get away from Fresno and go to the beach.?

The students? who are going to the coast will need to attend their first period class and will be leaving at 10 A.M. and returning at 1 A.M. Many students are looking forward to the trip for different reason some being the food aspect of the trip.

?I will be going to my favorite restaurant,? Andrew King, ?06, said. ?Because they have the best clam chowder. It is really creamy and delicious, you can not find clam chowder like it in Fresno, but I can not even remember the name of the restaurant.?

Some students think this trip will be a meaningful experience for this campus, because it offers a reward for their hard work during average school days.

?I am going because I heard it was going to be fun and there are lots of places to shop and get food,? Derek George, ?06, said. ?It also gives the students something to look forward to so school is not boring and try to do better in school so they are able to go.?

Before going to the football game, the students will be going to Cayucos Beach. Some consider the beach to be more enjoyable and relaxing compared to the football game.

?Although I am looking forward to watch the football team play I am more excited to go to the beach,? Sara Martin, ?08, said. ?I have never seen a school that takes you to the beach and lets you hang with close friends on the beach.?

The football players believe the student body?s? presence at the game will add enthusiasm and support to help for a victory.

?It is pretty exciting for our school to come to Cambria,? Zachery Bell, ?07, said. ?It is good to know that our school has our back and is cheering on our team.?

For more information about the beach trip, contact Gary Schultz, principal, at 299-1695, ext. 127.