Sadie Hawkins theme announced

[/media-credit] FC girls have begun to ask boys to be their dates at FC’s Sadie Hawkins.

Sadie’s includes trampolines, zoo, and more

This year the annual high school event, Sadie’s, will be called Fresno Festivus and the theme is twinning. FC students will travel through Fresno to see what the city has to offer. The day starts at 10:30 a.m. and will go to 10:15 p.m. Sadie’s will take place Jan. 28 and will cost 60 dollars.

The cheer girls and color guard teams have a competition that takes place the same day of Sadie’s so they will get a discount. The discount price for them is 15 dollars. The money will go toward ice skate rentals and the entrance fee to get into the Gateway Ice Center.

ASB President Hannah Nale, ‘17, has worked tirelessly to make this year’s Sadie’s a memorable experience for all. Nale has been involved in planning since her sophomore year and has really enjoyed the process even though it can be stressful.

“Due to the several schedule changes throughout the year, we decided it would be easier to have Sadie’s in town,” Nale said. “Cheer also has a competition on the same date so by having it in town they are able to still be involved even though they start later in the celebration.

“I am looking forward to teppanyaki and just hanging with friends,” Nale continued. It’s a great time to have quality conversations and be filled with a ton of laughter. I can’t wait to make more memories with a great group of people.”

When the day starts, make sure to arrive at the school near the FC Gym where they will load the buses. The plan is to start the event at 11 a.m.

First, Arrival Time: 11:45 p.m.

The day is kicked off by taking a bus ride to the Fresno Chaffee Zoo. There, groups will be able to roam freely to explore the many animal exhibits. The plan is to leave the zoo around 2 p.m. and head to 2Xetreme.  

Second, Arrival Time: 2:40 p.m.

The groups gather back in the bus and head to 2Xetreme which is a trampoline arena. The arena includes a number of trampolines, a foam pit and a place to play dodgeball. However, everyone needs to make sure to fill out a waiver before going in. Also, do not forget to bring socks for jumping. Everyone will leave the trampoline arena at about 4:15 p.m. and go to dinner.

Third, Arrival Time: 5 p.m.

As a whole, the groups head to dinner at Yoshino which is a Japanese teppanyaki restaurant. Everyone will be offered many different food choices and will get to experience the unique tradition of watching the chef cook. The plan is to leave for ice skating at 6:30 p.m.

[/media-credit] In many cases, students will attend Sadie’s in a group of friends.

Fourth, Arrival Time: 7 p.m.

Lastly, the night is finished with ice skating at Gateway Ice Center. At the ice skating center, everyone is provided with rental skates. After gearing up, jump on the ice and skate around in the dazzling lights.

If everything goes as planned, the groups will be back to school by 10:15 p.m.

However, not everyone plans to go to Sadie’s. For some, they would prefer to just stay home. Sophomore, Megan Raynes does not plan on going to the event this year. Even though some of the things that will be done at Sadie’s sound fun for her, she would rather not deal with the stress

“I don’t want to go to Sadie’s because I feel like It would just add more stress to my life,” Raynes said. “I have a cheer competition the same day, also I don’t feel very comfortable asking anyone. Last year, I went with a friend but this year I’m just not up for it. What they are doing this year for Sadie’s looks like a lot of fun, because I love the zoo and ice skating. However, I just don’t have the time to spend a whole day having fun like that.”

Tickets for Sadie’s can be purchased daily during lunch time in the PC gym and they cost 60 dollars. Sadie’s will be held Jan. 28.

To read another article check out, Lanna Coffee Co. brings hope and awareness

This writer can be reached via email: Braden Bell