Join the discussion: Super Bowl LI

[/media-credit] Matt Ryan and the Atlanta Falcons will attempt to upset Tom Brady and the New England Patriots in Super Bowl LI, Feb. 5.

Falcons take on Patriots

The biggest game of the entire NFL season is going to be in Houston, Texas, Feb. 5. The Atlanta Falcons are set to face off against the New England Patriots in Super Bowl LI.

Many spectators from around the country will travel to Houston as this is one of the most watched events in the entire calendar year. Even if a fan’s favorite team did not make it to the Super Bowl, it is the last bit of football that they will be seeing for awhile.

With the highly favored New England Patriots going up against the underdog Atlanta Falcons, it should be a fantastic game. Several students shared their opinion on who they will be rooting for and what they will be looking forward to the most.

Chips
Val Rivera, FC staff
February 4, 2017

“I will be watching the Super Bowl. I will be rooting for the New England Patriots, since Tom Brady and I both grew up in the bay area. I’m gonna watch it with my family and I’m going to eat a lot chips with guacamole.”

Chips
Wes Hinton, Freshman
February 4, 2017

“I’ll be watching the Super Bowl this Sunday. I’m rooting for the Falcons because I don’t like the Patriots. I’m going to watch the game with friends and family. I’m going to eat a lot of chips.”

Patriots
Megan LeBlanc, Freshman
February 4, 2017

“Of course I’m watching the Super Bowl. I am going to root for the Patriots. Tom Brady is going to have the game of his life!”

Falcons
Ashley Zamarripa, Sophomore
February 4, 2017

“Yes I will be watching the super bowl. I am rooting for the Falcons. I will be watching the super bowl at home with friends and family. I will be eating chips during the super bowl.”

Family and friends
Cate Vander Kooi, Junior
February 4, 2017

“I will be honest and say I don’t know anything about the teams, so I’m not rooting for anyone in particular. I will be watching the Super Bowl on tv surrounded by friends and family. I think we’re going to have wings and chips as a snack.”

Korean food
Dana Kwon, Senior
February 3, 2017

“I will be rooting for New England. I am going to watch the super bowl with my aunt my two cousins at home we’re going to eat Korean food  and I will also eat Doritos and nachos with salsa.”

Family time
Jeremiah Sieperda, Senior
February 3, 2017

“I will be watching the super bowl. I will be rooting for the Atlanta Falcons because they haven’t won the super bowl in a long time. I am going to watch it at my grandparents house with all my family. We use it as a time to hangout with everyone. We will eat a lot of onion dip and chips. Then of course salsa and guacamole with tortilla chips.”

Junk food
Wyatt Koop, Junior
February 3, 2017

“I will be watching the super bowl this weekend. I will also be rooting for the Falcons. We are watching the game at a friends house during a party, while eating as much junk food as possible.”

Chips and pizza
Reece Trevino, Sophomore
February 3, 2017

“Yes I will be watching the Super Bowl this Sunday. I will be rooting for the Falcons, because I dislike the Patriots. I’m probably going to watch it with my family. I’m looking forward to eat chips and pizza.”

Family
Tyler Villains, Junior
February 3, 2017

“Yes I will be watching the Super Bowl. I will be rooting for the Falcons. I’m watching it’s with a group of family friends on a big screen eating classic American foods such as ribs tri tip and other bomb barbecued food”

[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/305949860″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”150″ iframe=”true” /]

Falcons
Logan Lewis, Freshman
February 2, 2017

“I will be rooting for the Atlanta Falcons in the Super Bowl. I will be watching it on my TV with my family while eating some good homemade guacamole with chips.”

Patriots
Celeste Counts, Junior
February 2, 2017

“I will be cheering for the New England Patriots. I really think Tom Brady is going to win his fifth ring. I will be watching the game with my family on our flat screen TV while eating some good macaroni and cheese.”

Excited for food
Hannah Nale, Senior
February 2, 2017

“I will be watching the Super Bowl this Sunday! We are setting up a big screen in the barn for the family and friends to all gather around! I can’t wait to eat the Super Bowl food like pizza, cupcakes, and soda, things my family usually don’t have to eat! I will be joining my brothers in cheering for the New England Patriots.”

[/media-credit] Tom Brady will be playing for his fifth ring in his seventh Super Bowl appearance.

Chips and wings with family
Ronnie Peterson, Sophomore
February 2, 2017

“I will be watching the Super Bowl. I’m going to rooting for the Atlanta Falcons. While watching the game I’ll eat lots of chips and wings. I am going to watch it at my house with my family.”

Commercials
Trevor Trevino, Senior
February 2, 2017

“I will probably be watching the Super Bowl. I’m going for the Patriots because I have always been a fan since 2007. I’ll watch the Super Bowl just for the amazing commercials they produce every year. I imagine I’ll eat lots of Doritos, hot dogs, and comfort foods.”

Patriots
Macy Thompson, Sophomore
February 2, 2017

“I will most likely be watching the Super Bowl. I am rooting for the Patriots. I am going to watch it with my family in our living room. I do not know what I will eat but it will be food.”

Check back in the following days for more comments from campus students about the Super Bowl. Feel free to leave a comment with your opinion on who will win the big game.

To read another Join the Discussion article,  check out, Join the discussion: Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

These writers can be reached via email: John Monke and Suky Cheema.