Booster club enhances FC athletics, builds community

Group of parents, faculty sponsor campus renovations

[/media-credit] The Eagles Booster Club has sponsored many renovations to athletic facilities around campus.

For half a year, the new Eagles Booster Club has put a considerable amount of effort into improving the athletic department on campus. This club has already accomplished a lot of goals set to enhance the safety and enjoyment of the variety of offered sports.

Some of their accomplishments so far include the purchase of a football passing machine, ice maker and improvements to the baseball diamond. Currently, the booster club is in the process of creating a new athletic training facility, which will become very functional for the student athletes.

Although located on the school campus, the booster club remains its own organization, consisting of mainly the parents and faculty. It is easily accessible to anyone who is interested in supporting athletics. Everyone has the ability to join the group of people striving to create a safer and more pleasurable environment for the young athletes.

Special projects director on campus Steve Villines is one of the members of the booster club and sees this organization as highly beneficial to the student-athletes. He also believes the club is an excellent opportunity for individuals to get involved in different ways, as financial support alone will not help achieve their goals.

“A lot of things we are focusing on as a club have to do with safety,” Villines said. “As we grow this image, it is not for prideful reasons, but to build awareness around the school. Our mission here on campus is to create world changers, and the more students there are, the more effect we have on the community and world around us.”

Each sport on campus is represented by a faculty member or a parent from the booster club. The board secretary and volleyball and tennis representative Melissa Cisneros is very fond of sports and has coached track as well as volleyball.

[/media-credit] Improving the weight room on campus is one of the club’s priorities.

“A club like this has existed here before,” Cisneros said. “I believe it was in the 1980’s. The purpose of it is to raise money to improve the athletic program on campus, which might be helpful in drawing in students to participate in sports and develop an interest. I truly think sports are important because they teach you how to work hard, plan ahead, and collaborate with people.”

Currently, the members of the booster club have many goals for the future. The goals include the construction of a new strength and conditioning center and installation of lights and speakers into the sports fields.

To contribute to the improvement of athletics on campus, contact the booster club, here.

To read another article check out: Local suicides prompt campus response.

This author can be reached via email and Twitter: @Tatiana08102000