Polanski's Oliver Twist dotes on Dickens' darling

Oliver Twist, directed by Roman Polanski, was a great movie about the sad, yet adventurous life, of a brave little orphan. Tossed from the rich to struggling thieves, young Oliver adapts to whatever his wild life gives him and forms relationships with people from all walks of life.

The setting was perfect for the movie. The actors were very believable. Barney Clark, who played the part of Oliver, is definitely an up and coming actor you will want to keep an eye out for, plus his cute little face makes you want to reach through the screen and give him a hug during the sad parts of his life.

But, I was even more impressed with Ben Kingsley and his part of Fagin, a criminal mastermind who takes Oliver in under his care. He is able to portray his character as rough and a little crazy yet delicate and loving.

My favorite scene was, what most people would probably say was the most touching. After the bad guys get what they deserve, and Oliver is rightfully returned to his new, rich, family he asks to visit his original father-figure, Fagin, in prison.

Fagin sits in the corner, speaking gibberish and acting insane. Oliver walks up, Fagin?s eyes light up and they embrace. Oliver thanks him for his kindness and pleas to the guards one last time for Fagin?s life as a tear rolls down his cheek and he walks out of the cell.

When I decided to go to this movie, I was expecting a good movie, but I also expected to be quite bored. Oliver Twist was anything but boring. It was action packed and very exciting. I would definitely recommend it to anyone interested in a literary work come to life.

Oliver Twist is playing at Edwards Theatre in the RiverPark Shopping Center. For more information on Oliver Twist, go online at to the movie?s website at www.sonypictures.com/movies/olivertwist/.