Resolve to be different

Seniors are sick, sick with procrastination and the false sense of completion after so many years of school. Eleven years down and only one remaining; it seems justified to want to be lazy. After so much completed, it is only natural to take it easy. They want to take a break. They could not be more wrong.

Not only do they still have the last and most memorable school year to complete, seniors have the pressures of what still lies ahead after high school. The class often seems to have the impression that they are completing school life. But sadly, for most the following four years, seniors will face the most strenuous and educational period of their lives.

While college is said to be one of the best experiences for young lives, it still may prove to be quite an accomplishment to complete. Seniors will be faced with classes and professors whose expectations will be far greater than levels faced in high school.

Seniors should not take their last year, or months, of high school to slack and remain comfortable as the elders on campus. College applications, SATs and plans for the future are all screaming for attention, with the need to be resolved.

Take every opportunity to enjoy yourself in your time of security and confidence on campus. Spend time with friends and make those memories everyone hears about the past generations experiencing in school. But look inward and determine when to take responsibility and show more maturity in decision-making.

Life as a senior in high school does not always have to be completely filled with college applications, fairs and financial worries. But they are all responsibilities that need to be dealt with.

Having a well balanced life of present and future will highly benefit the ones willing to look ahead and a good example for those left behind. Time spent preparing in the present, will most definitely be repaid in the future.