Promo: FC drama to perform ‘You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown’

[/media-credit] The Drama team prepares for upcoming musical, ‘You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown.’

Production to take place over the weekend

The drama students will be performing the musical, ‘You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown’ over the course of the upcoming weekend. Drama students are set to perform in the SMC with an admission price of $5 for students and $7 for adults.  

The performance dates are Feb. 24 at 7 p.m., Feb. 26 at 3 p.m. and Feb. 27 at 7 p.m.

Some of the main actors in the musical include Jeremiah Sieperda, ‘17, as Charlie Brown, Kathryn Blankenship, ‘17 as Lucy, Natalya Hill, ‘18 as Snoopy and Joshua Villa, ‘18, as Linus.

Drama teacher, Kyle Dodson can not wait for the upcoming musical. The drama team has been practicing for this production since early October. Dodson is excited to finally get the musical off its feet because it has been in the making for a quite some time. Dodson shares his personal connection with the play and why he wanted to bring it to the school.

“One of my earliest community theater memories took place when I was in elementary school,” Dodson said. “I was watching the production, ‘You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown’ with my mom and one of the things that I really remember is how much fun the cast members were having while acting. I decided that I wanted to bring in the same excitement that I saw as a kid to the school through this play.

“There are quite a few students in this production and they have each worked very hard,” Dodson continued. “Each have worked so diligently and have become such strong leaders and performers, the joy and excitement that they show on stage is nothing short of infectious.”

[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/309261321″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”150″ iframe=”true” /]

The main plot of the musical is based off the original Peanuts comics. The Peanuts comics were made published from 1947-1950 and were about the daily life of a boy named Charlie Brown. The original score is from a 1967 score with music and lyrics by Clark Gesner, based on the characters created by Charles M. Schulz.

Drama plays a large role in many people’s lives especially for many students here on campus. For junior, Natalya Hill, drama is a lot about pleasing the audience. Hill has been in many plays while at the school and has participated in drama for about a year.

“In the upcoming musical, I play Snoopy,” Hill said. “My favorite part about acting is probably the sense of community among the actors that goes on while on stage. I love that nobody will let you fall or get down on you if you forget a line or something. The thing that I look forward to most for this play is for the audience to see how hard we have worked. I’m really excited to see how each and every one of them reacts to the performance.”

For more features read, FC Serve Day Kepler Neighborhood School.The author can be reached

via email: Braden Bell, Instagram and Twitter.