new york

New York Thanksgiving Week 2014

We attended the Macy?s day Parade on Thursday, Nov. 24, 2014. The parade has been a big part of my Thanksgiving celebration.

We get up early every year to have breakfast and watch the parade together as a family. Seeing the parade in person is a completely different experience.
Considering the fact that some of these floats were soaring at an average of six stories high! Out of all the floats that we saw during the parade, my favorite float was the giant float of Spiderman.

There were a wide variety of floats at the parade including Thomas the Train, Hello Kitty, Toothless from How To Train Your Dragon, the Macy?s Day Star, Snoopy, and many others.

Besides the amazing floats there were many celebrities including Hillary Duff, Nick Jonas, Meghan Trainor, The Vamps, and even Miss America 2014. Also joining them were the little league world champions, the Taney Dragons.

On the corner of 6th and 54th we stood in anticipation of what was about to come. At a chilling 37 degrees we stood with our thick winter coats in the frosty weather of New York.

As seen on TV, I anticipated continuous dancing at the parade, but where we were standing, they only waved and wished us a Happy Thanksgiving. I also expected the floats to be bigger and more detailed in person.

Looking down 6th avenue all I could see were people. It was estimated to have had 3.5 million people watching the parade from the streets and buildings above.

The parade lasted an hour and a half, and after the parade past by where we were, we went into the hotel where we finished watching it on TV. We watched as every single group that past by had performed in front of Macy?s.

The Macy?s Day Parade was a great experience and I would highly recommend it for everyone to go see it someday if you can.