Dickens' Christmas classic onstage

The Christmas season is just around the corner and the Parent Support Network [PSN] is kicking it off with Charles Dickens? holiday classic, A Christmas Carol.

As an annual tradition, PSN has hosted a dessert theater at 2nd Space Theater for the past several years. In view of the upcoming holidays, the PSN chose the Dickens? presentation for this year?s fund-raiser.

?We decided to pick this performance because it is a fun way to start the holiday season, and it is a play that the whole family can go to and enjoy,? Julie Wills, senior mom, said. ?We also decided to fund raise through this event by charging a little more for food, dessert and we also host a raffle.?

A Christmas Carol is the story of a tight-fisted miser, who does despises Christmas and, through visits of ghosts, transforms into a likable community member.

This classic tale written in 1840s has become a tradition during the holiday season for many families.

Second Space is not the only venue in which fans can watch the Christmas classic. A Christmas Carol is available through; DVDs, video?s both color and black and white, theater production and movies, which also provide quality footage.

?I think it is an amazing, classic movie with a good moral,? Erin Elmore, ?06, said. ?It?s one of those movies you can see over and over again and it has two sides of it.?

Many seem to enjoy the story for Ebenezer Scrooge?s transformation.

?I think it is a fun storyline, and it sort of reminds me of my childhood,? Hayley Olson, ?09, said. ?I saw A Christmas Carol because my friend wanted me to see it so I thought I would give it a try.?

The play offers students a new venue for relaxation outside of the shopping malls and movie cinemas.

The Tower District provides many activities to enjoy before the performance. The Tower options boast with unique boutique shops, coffee houses, and fine dinning, set in a retro atmosphere.

?I?m interested in seeing A Christmas Carol because its something different to do for the Christmas season instead of just going to movies all the time,? Ashley Davis, ?07, said.

The PSN sponsored performance will be held at 2nd Space Theater on Nov. 19 at 7:30 P.M. General admissino tickets are now on sale for $25 and can be purchased in the high school office or through Julie Wills; call her at 284-3550 . Hors d?oeuvres, dessert and coffee will be served throughout the evening.

For those who missed the PSN sponsored show, tickets are still on sale and the Dickens classic will run through Dec. 23.

For more information on the 2nd Space Theater performance and other dates, visit www.gcplayers.com/2ndspace.html or call 559-266-0660. 2nd Space is located in the historic Tower District at the corner of Olive and Wishon Ave. in Fresno.