Long time administrator leaves post

The crowds cheered as the girls? volleyball team served their way to victory in the new gym. Faithful fans rooted for their girls on the home turf inspiring them to an undefeated victory.

As it rains, the P.E. classes take cover inside the gym making it possible for athletes to compete rain or shine. Yet who was responsible for this?

The most notable benefactor for the gym is campus business administrator, Gary Warkentin, who spent time planning the construction and funding for the building.

After 21 years on staff and 18 years of supervising campus finances, tuition bills, payroll, budgets, and money statements, Warkentin is leaving the faculty as the semester ends in December.

?From ?88 to now we have operated in the black,? Warkentin said. ?It is a great accomplishment for the school to have no deficits.?

As a part of God?s plan, Warkentin now feels called to the San Diego area. The different experiences that Warkentin experienced on campus will now be used to help a smaller school in need of his learned wisdom and seasoned financial guidance.

Warkentin will be moving to Chula Vista, California, to work at Calvary Chapel in San Diego. At the church and K-12 school, Warkentin will be performing the same duties as a business administrator.

Since his three children have moved down to Southern California he desires to be closer to them and their growing families.

His children have attended and excelled at Fresno Christian. The most recent Warkentin graduate was Nate, ’00, popular among campus students as the drummer of the up and coming band The Colour.

?It?s been a highlight to work where my children attended,? Warkentin said, ?and have some influence concerning their education.?

Besides planning for his own children?s education, Warkentin also helped plan a K-12 financial plan.

?As I have made plans,? he said, ?God has provided the finances for the school to operate efficiently.?

Often during administrative decision-making and budget planning times, Warkentin has had to make unpopular or difficult decisions but through it all he has maintained the respect and appreciation from the staff.

?Gary Warkentin has taken a job that nobody wants and done it unbelievably well,? Principal Gary Schultz said. ?He will definitely be missed.?

?It has been the greatest honor,? Warkentin said, ?to be a part of God?s work in such a volatile business world.? Warkentin went on to say that he has been blessed with God?s protection and provision through the years.

Once he leaves his job will be split among Tim Wilkins, superintendent, and bookkeepers Karen Dobbs and Lisa Raynes. The position will then be reevaluated for the ?06-?07 school year.

?I?ve enjoyed working with the same quality people who love the Lord,? Warkentin said.

?He has the hardest job in school, but has been totally committed,? Schultz said. ?He has a behind the scenes job and always comes through.?