Choir begins fundraising for New York

Students+train+for+Cal+Poly+and+other+festivals+all+year+round%2C+beginning+in+January.+
Students train for Cal Poly and other festivals all year round, beginning in January.
[/media-credit] Students and friends of Fresno Christian Schools are invited to Chronic Tacos on Willow and Herndon, Aug. 31.

Chronic Tacos supports FC choir, Aug. 31.

Friends and family of Fresno Christian Schools are invited to Mexican grill Chronic Tacos on Willow and Herndon, Aug. 31. This event takes place from 5 – 9 p.m., and participants must either bring a printed flyer, mention FC choir, or show the flyer via their phone for a portion of their purchase to be donated.

Choir and ensemble have the opportunity to travel together to New York City to perform at Carnegie Hall. They received their nomination to attend last year due to their outstanding performances. The group is already beginning to fundraise due to an increase in members this year.

Erin Wilson, ‘18, joined choir to bond with her fellow classmates her senior year.

“My best friend Celeste was in Ensemble and she really wanted me to be able to go on all the trips with her,” Wilson said. “I missed choir from eighth grade so that’s why I joined. This has benefitted me because I’ve been able to make a lot of friends with the underclassman and I love Mrs. Ainley so it’s been fun.”

All proceeds will benefit the FC choir as they are raising funds for a Spring trip. Choral director Susan Ainley organized the fundraiser, choosing Chronic Tacos based on a connection with the owners who are Fresno Christian alumni.

[/media-credit] Show this flyer to a server to donate a portion of the price to the FC choir program.

“Chronic Tacos is owned by a Fresno Christian family,” Ainley said. “Lots of restaurants offer a fundraising night, but I thought I would start with one that obviously is invested in our school. We are raising money to go to New York City in the Spring, and it’s very costly; all the proceeds that come in will go towards the choir.”

This marks the first time Fresno Christian has been a part of Chronic Tacos school fundraising events. Other fundraising functions organized by Ainley include ‘Music Muffins’ sold every Wednesday in front of Building 6 before school, and an upcoming sale of World’s Finest Chocolate.

For more articles, read: Choir to embark on annual retreat.

Cate Vander Kooi can be reached via email.