Practice patience, read the book

The first book of the Harry Potter saga was released in 1997, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer?s Stone, launching one of the most praised children?s series yet published.

Millions of reader?s across the globe fell in love with J.K. Rowling?s magical universe as their mind?s eye?s interpreted the many splendid nooks and cranny?s of the wizarding world.

But of course, what great literary series is complete without a full-length feature film in support of each installment. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer?s Stone debuted in theatres on Nov. 16, 2001, magnetizing not only the loyal fans of the book, but also those interested in seeing what the ?Potter? craze was all about.

Although enthusiasts of the book seemed to enjoy the movie immensely, those who had not read had a difficult time following the intricate storyline. It isn?t difficult to imagine how 80 hours worth of reading didn?t translate well into a two and a half hour film.

With Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, the fourth movie now in theatres, the problem is further intensified. The lastest installment is 500 pages longer than the first novel.

Despite the luster of the films cinematography, the surplus of content is crunched and nearly impossible for a person to comprehend without a prior grasp on the plot.

In the movie, Harry finds himself face to face with his greatest adversary (the once thought dead Lord Voldemort). The man who murdered his parents and gave him his infamous scar.

But without the network of apprehension woven by the book, the illustrious return of the greatest evil in wizarding history seems feeble and diluted.

For a moment the Harry and Voldemort lock wands in what seems will be an epic duel, but an instant later the two are thrown apart and Harry finds himself safely teleported back to school, away from his ominous foe.

The book covers every significant twist in the plot, but time allowed for nothing else. As a result, the movie is too fast paced, and the unrelenting action becomes repetitive.

So if you are planning on seeing Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, but have not yet read the book, practice some patience. Sit down and read the story the way the author intended it.