Music department celebrates Christmas

The annual Christmas performance was held at the First Community Bible Church on Dec. 12. The performance was free of charge and began at 7. P.M.

?The Christmas concert looked promising and Mr. [Paul] McEntee [band director] drilled the band really hard,? David Tusan, ?07 said. ?In some aspects he was treating this concert differently than others, but in all Mr. Mac seemed calm.?

At the performance both the Jazz band and the concert band performed. The band treated this performance as any other by continuous practicing.

?The Jazz band worked hard,? McEntee said. ?There were a lot of solos.?

The Christmas concert was a combination of junior and high school band along with the choirs.

?The concert band put in a lot of hard work into the concert,? McEntee said. ?This was a great opportunity to showcase the band and the choir.?

Aaron Bryan, choir director, expectations remain high as the preparation for this concert continues regardless of the difficulty of the pieces.

?Both groups did great,? Bryan said. ?The concert choir did an African piece and the ensemble did an extremely difficult Latin piece.?

Practice was evident at the performance and the student?s expectations were met.

?I think the concert went well,? Jennifer Sherfield, ?08 said. ? We put a lot of hard work and practice into the concert.?

For more information regarding the concert or band, email McEntee at [email protected], or for more on the choir, email Bryan at [email protected].