Broken Social Scene spectacular

Anyone who lives, breathes, and listens to indie rock has heard the name Broken Social Scene, a Canadian band who have blossomed slowly but has became spectacular.

First arriving on the scene with their hopeful debut album, Bee Hives, the band drew on an audience of every age and ethnicity with its powerful, roller coaster-like dramatics.

Since then, they have released two full length albums: Feel Good Lost, a bliss-inducing compilation revolving around love and tenderness, and You Forgot it in People, a proficient work of genius that would compel even the crankiest old troll to run barefoot through fields of dandelions.

This Canadian bands sound carries with it a maturity that is well beyond its years, as every new album’s intuitive genius makes promises of the groups trumping return to the CD shelves.

Tracks from You Forgot it in People such as ?Anthems For A Seventeen Year Old Girl? and ?Pacific Theme? provoke a calm rejoicing within the souls of listeners that cannot be found anywhere else. This sound is replicated and resounds in their new self-titled album.

CD tracks for Broken Social Scene’s songs can be ordered online at the Arts & Crafts website at www.galleryac.com/.

But now the intolerable waiting has come to an end, the band?s latest installment, released November 2005, has finally reached the ears of its faithful.

The Broken Social Scene: Incinerator Mastered Our Hearts proves once again the genius within the group, this 14-track album captures for a fourth time the goodness that is so hard to come by in today?s melancholy society.

It is as if the band resides on some distant planetary utopia. With each masterfully articulated song leading fluidly into the next song?s emotional deliverance, the grace and beauty of the CD seems transcendent of the human race.

What then is the key to this bands immaculate understanding of what it takes to be truly happy, despite the love-vacuum of a world we live in?

Perhaps the answer can be found in the words of the man behind the 17-member ensemble. Brendan Caning sings: ?Wash your face more than once, turn up the horns, and embrace the distortion. If you hear it . . ..?

Frankly, I don?t think it?s necessary to attempt to unravel the intellect of this band. As long as they can sustain the liberating tenor of their music, I?m content.

Though the group mainly tours in Canada and the UK, they will be playing two shows at Webster Hall in New York City this coming January, 2006.