Canadian singer jazzes up oldies

Amidst hard rock music, computerized pop-tart singles and the twang of country tunes, Canadian performer Michael Buble brings smooth jazz back to the music scene.

In his second album, It?s Time, Buble proves that he really can swing. His renditions of classic songs bring back memories of the record player.

With his first two singles, Buble modernized popular songs from vocalists such as Lou Rawls and Van Morrison. He continued his legacy by adding his own twist to songd by performers such as The Beatles, Motown and Bobbi Daren.

Buble has not only brought a certain amount of magic to 13 superb tracks, he has also brought a youthful and individual quality to the songs. His skills are evident in his performances of a century of swing.

It?s Time starts off with an enthralling adaptation of ?Feeling Good.? The song blends together a tender mood with a heightening level excitement. It will cause any music fan to pause in their search of a perfect modern collection of jazz.

?Feeling Good? speaks for itself, seeming to place a spell on any listener. Buble himself seems to exude a sense of contentment with himself.

While ?Feeling Good? features pop-out band of a full jazz accompaniment, the song ?I?ve Got You Under My Skin? projects only a calming melody on the piano. Buble sings with a softer tone during this song than any of his other music. He confidently projects a feeling of fearless romantic ideas.

The highs and lows of It?s Time prove that this young Vancouver vocalist can, indeed, swing. He has the drive to make timeless songs entirely his own, and a flair that gives him strong bragging rights.

Michael Buble?s albums can be bought at any local music supplier. For more information, go to www.michaelbuble.com.