WSL Talent Show finalists set

The West Sierra League [WSL] Talent Show tryouts for campus participants this year were held on Jan. 17-20 during lunch in the Peoples Church gym.

?I think it is a good idea to have the WSL Talent Show at our school,? Aaron Gulack, ?06, said. ?It lets people express themselves and their talents.?

All singers or bands were required to bring a print out of lyrics to the audition to be approved.

?I played in my band and I also was filled in for another band,? Mike Prentice, ?08, said. ?I practiced until my brain exploded.?

The finalists are Derek George, ?06, Mike Prentice, ?08, and Derek O?Brien, ?08. George sang and played the guitar. While Prentice and O?Brien both performed an instrumental piece.

George won in the talent category and Prentice and O?Brien won in the band category. They will be traveling to other schools to compete beginning Feb. 1 and campus will host the finals on Feb. 23.

?I always enjoy seeing students perform their talents,? Rachel Bell, ?07, said. ?It is very entertaining to watch their acts.?

Others competed but were not fortunate enough to move on. Kayla Dones, ?09, performed contortion, Nick Fraizer and Jordan Scott, both ?07, Mike Prentice, Micheal Bowen and Zac Marsh, all ?08, played a heavy metal song called Haunted.

For more information on the WSL Talent Show, contact the high school office at 299-1695, ext. 5 and ask for a leadership member.