Promo: Football senior night, Oct. 27

The varsity football team will look to finish off their season strong with their last home game against the California School for the Deaf for senior night. Seniors Daniel Avila, Roman EndicottBrandon Krueger, Davey Short and Tyler Villines will be recognized for their hard work at on the FC field before the game, 7 p.m.

[/media-credit] Senior Tyler Villines is one of five seniors that will be honored on senior night, Oct. 27.

Head coach Russ Counts’ second season as the skipper for the Eagles. Counts’ team is currently 4-0 in the Central Sierra (8-man) League and 5-4 overall.

Captain Endicott has played football since the third grade. He loves bonding with his fellow teammates and playing for God while under the lights.

“This is my fourth year of high school football,” Endicott said. “My favorite thing about football is probably the fellowship of the team and I appreciate it because it is a very good outlet to release emotion. One of my favorite memories is singing in the locker room with the team after wins, the most recent time was when we beat Riverdale Christian.”

Fellow captain Villines also only been playing football for a total of five years and four of them during high school. He loves the brotherhood formed from playing football.

“I’ve been playing football for five years,” Villines said. “I played in 5th grade then didn’t play again until freshman year and have been playing ever since. I just love the sense of brother-ship that comes out of playing football. It’s unlike any other sport. My favorite memory from high school football was when we played Trinity Christian my sophomore year and we won in overtime.”

[/media-credit] Come out and watch the Eagles take on the California School for the Deaf, Oct. 27, at 7 p.m. Senior night festivities begin before kickoff. 

This is Hunter Raynes, ’21, first year playing on the varsity football and the seniors have already made a huge impact in his life.

“I joined the football team because I’ve played it my whole life and I love the sport,” Raynes said. “The seniors have helped me by leading by example and encouraging the whole team. They have also helped me get closer to God.”

Come out and support your Eagles as they play the last home game of the year at FC stadium at 7 p.m, Oct. 27.

For more football articles, check out Junior high flag football team poised for success. For more articles, read 500th anniversary of the Reformation continues to affect Christianity.

This author can be reached via twitter @johnmonke and via email: John Monke