PROMO: Superintendent Brown hosts campus Town Hall, Nov. 6.

Jeremy Brown to discuss upcoming events, issues

[/media-credit] Superintendent Jeremy Brown is hosting an FC Town Hall meeting covering various school issues in the SMC from 6:30 – 8 p.m., Nov. 6.

Superintendent Jeremy Brown will host an FC Town Hall meeting, covering a variety of subjects including school growth, financial issues and upcoming projects. The event is held in the SMC from 6:30 – 8 p.m.

The Town Hall allows parents and students to obtain updated information on school affairs. It provides an opportunity for faculty and outsiders to communicate and express any concerns or questions they may hold.

Superintendent Brown appreciates the open environment the Town Hall provides.

“If we’re not listening to parents or anyone in the community about what they consider to be important, there becomes a disconnect,” Brown said. “So it’s just a good time for us to touch base and come together as a community. Many things have changed, we’ve started Club 176 which is our after-school program and what used to be Kids Inc is now Camp Eagles.

“It is not only for FC students but also for other students outside the community,” Brown continued. “I’ll also be talking about the importance of our ACSI accreditation, what that means for us, and then talking about some things going forward.

Campus board member, Cory Bell plans to attend the town hall gathering to support Superintendent Brown and develop connections with members of the community. Bell encourages students who have time to come to the meeting and learn about the future of the campus.

“It’s a great opportunity to hear the vision and direction of the school,” Bell said. “It’s an opportunity for the administration and board members to have a connection point with student and parents. As a parent myself with two kids here (at FC) and one that’s graduated, just continuing the relationship is one of the key points at this school. I would never want there to be a disconnect between board members, the administration and parents. The relationship and the trust that is built there; we understand the importance of having that trust that the parents have in the administration of the school  looking to develop an ongoing relationship.”

This year’s meeting will focus on significant changes occurring on campus. Brown invites everyone to come and become involved in FC life.

“Anyone can attend,” Brown said. “Students, parents, grandparents and sometimes even alumni come. Part of the reason is just to go sit and listen and hear what goes on. You can read every email and you can come on campus, but with everybody having busy lives it’s hard to know what’s going on in Junior High or Elementary.”

All are invited to attend the Town Hall meeting from 6:30 – 8 p.m. in the SMC, Nov. 6.

For more related articles, read FC host communal Town Hall, Nov. 14. For more articles, check out Let’s Talk: Depression.

This author can be reached via Twitter and via email: Cate Vander Kooi.