Senior night closes with 5th quarter

It comes once a year usually bringing bittersweet feelings. Senior basketball players become nostalgic as their last home league game draws near.

Senior night, scheduled for Feb. 17 in the F.C. gym, is a way to recognize and congratulate senior players for their participation and contributions to the sports teams over their high school careers.

Although most players are excited and prepared for the game ahead of them, others are sad at the thought of leaving it all behind.

?Its crazy to think that after all I?ve put into basketball, Friday will be my last league game,? Matthew Brouwer, ?06, said. ?It seems like I have been practicing non-stop for the last four years, so the thought of it all ending is foreign to me.?

Senior night has been taking place for all campus sports teams for over 15 years. For some, however, even watching past seniors get recognized on the special night did not make the reality easier to accept.

?I?ve watched the seniors on senior night every year since I was a freshman,? Andrea Munoz, ?06 said. ?I still had no idea I would be this emotional before it even happened. Basketball has always been a part of my life which is why I?m so sad that it?s almost over.?

The festivities will begin at 6 p.m. before the girl?s game, and once again at 7:30 p.m. before the boys play. Celebration will continue with the last 5th quarter of the year following the boy?s game. Students are invited to enjoy pizza, drinks, and a movie in Ground Zero for a $5 donation.

For more information about senior night or 5th quarter, read the high school announcements at www.thefeather.com.