Fine arts prepare for concert

After six months of fine-tuning vocals and instruments, the concert band, jazz band, concert choir and ensemble will all perform at the Fine Arts Concert on March 7 at the North Fresno Church.

The concert is an opportunity for the campus musical members to display their musical talents.

?I am not really nervous about messing up or anything,? Brittany Lauber, ?08, said. ?I am used to playing at concerts. It is always easier when somebody is playing with you.?

For some the preparation for the night has been easy while others found it a little more difficult.

?I am not nervous about playing, but it is stressful trying to learn my part in band and choir,? Adam Casuga, ?09, said. ?It can be difficult learning material for both classes as cuts into my time for other class periods. Even though it is stressful, I still love doing both choir and band.?

Despite his musicians? nerves, Paul McEntee, band director, has full confidence in his bands? ability.

?I think we are going to do fine on Tuesday night, as long as everybody practices hard,? McEntee said. ?I put a lot of pressure on the kids to get their parts learned by not letting them have their music for the first two months of school.?

The Concert Choir and Ensemble will perform the same music at during their festival tour in Colorado Springs, Colorado, in late April.

“My favorite piece Ensemble will be singing is “The Boy Who Picked Up His Feet to Fly,” which is about about a boy’s childhood dream,” director Aaron Bryan said. “My favorite Concert Choir piece is a gospel song entitled “Praise His Holy Name” which features our accompanist, Mike Kela, on the piano.”

The Fine Arts Concert will take place at North Fresno Church on Fresno Street just south of Bullard. The performances will begin at 7 P.M.

For more information and directions, visit the choir website at
www.fresnochristian.com/~aaronbryan or e-mail either McEntee at [email protected] or Aaron Bryan, choir director, at [email protected].