Teacher quirks enhance learning

Many view teachers as boring, droll instructors with not personality or humor whatsoever. However after a recent student poll, this typical typecast was overruled by teachers ?quirks? that add entertainment to otherwise seemingly boring curriculum.

Campus students were polled on their favorite teacher?s trademark action, phrase, or story. The results favored two specific teachers: Bible teacher Scott Falk and Spanish teacher, Beatriz Foth.

?Some teachers are funny and can add humor into the class,? Joshua Palmer, ?08, said. ?They make learning fun and educational at the same time.?

Falk demonstrates his individuality and humor during his classes.

?Mr. Falk is hilarious and a ridiculously goofy guy,? Derek George, ?06, said. ?He is always going crazy and is fun. He tries to relate his curriculum to us so it sticks better.?

Although Falk humors students, many enjoy his presence because of his sincere nature.

?My favorite phrase that Mr. Falk uses is ?giddy up,?? Krista Tovar, ?06, said. ?I love him because even if you have a bad day he makes you smile and feel better.?

Falk uses his phrases not only to make students laugh but also to keep their attention in class.

?Laughter is a way of helping students see that we are all the same,? Falk said. ?If students notice what I?m saying, they turn the lesson into actions. It makes me feel good that I can have that affect on my students.?

Another teacher that students seem to notice is Foth. The Spanish teacher, often referred to as Se