Choirs to Colorado Springs

The ensemble and the concert choir will travel to Colorado Springs, Colorado, for their annual choir trip to sing in The Heritage Festival on April 27-30. Students will perform concerts at Heritage High School along with many other schools from across the country.

While in Colorado, choir members will have the opportunity to tour ancient Native American lands and ruins at the Manitou Cliff Dwellings.

The choir members will also visit the prestigious U.S. Air Force Academy. They will tour the campus and see the unique architecture of the Cadet Chapel.

Most students have different reasons for anticipating the trip; like getting to fly on a plane, performing at a festival, or just getting to tour a new place. The excitement is unanimous among the choir team.

?This is my first choir trip in high school and I really think I?m going to enjoy myself,? Shane Darakjian, ?09, said. ?I?m really looking forward to the plane ride because I love flying, especially the take-off and landing.?

The anxiety of traveling and singing creates excitement and enjoyment for the gift of song. The trip not only provides excitement for underclassmen of the singing group, but also the veterans.

?I?m really excited for the upcoming trip this year,? Brittnee Masiello, ?06, said. ?The best part will probably be the big swing that the seniors get to go on, or just traveling around a place I?ve never been.?

Under the direction of Aaron Bryan, choir members hope to enjoy the concert and experience new places while bonding through the fun of singing. Above all, Bryan cannot wait to arrive in Colorado.

?This trip is going to be fantastic, I can?t wait to see my students perform in the festival on Saturday,? Bryan, said. ?The other place I want to go is The Royal Gorge where I?ll get to ride a giant swing that swings out over the Arkansas river about 250 feet up off a cliff.?

For more information about the upcoming choir trip, contact the high school office at 299-1695.