FC Live hosts perspective students, parents

Being labeled the ?new kid? can be a hard obstacle to overcome. So, to ease the tension for first-time students and parents, the administration hosts an event titled FC Live.

The administration, staff and department heads will host a night dedicated to answering questions about classes, curriculum, enrollment or anything else for prospective parents/students. This year, FC Live will be held in the J.J. Hospitality room in Building 6 from 7-8:30 P.M. on May 2.

Most students that attend with their parents find it very helpful to meet the staff ahead of time and get their questions answered.

?I went to FC Live with my mom three years ago before I started at this school,? Christina Cabias, 07, said. ?My mom got to hear about enrollment and costs, and I got to meet my future teachers and hear about their classroom policies.?

FC Live has been going on for many years and the administration keeps it going due to its success.

?I think the reason we get such a positive response from the parents and students is due to the face to face interaction we offer to them,? Jon Endicott, associate principal, said. ?They are not limited to finding out about our school through just brochures or over the phone, they have to opportunity to meet one on one with the staff and ask whatever they want.?

The other positive side to FC Live is that the administration gets to meet their prospective students and parents as well.

?The parents like to meet us just as much as we like to meet them,? Endicott, said. ?Its nice for us to see what the members of our future school family will be like ahead of time.?

For more information about FC Live, contact the man office at 299-1695, ext. 5, or go online to www.fresnochristian.com.