Teamwork builds success

After four years of Mr. Stobbe asking me to join journalism, I finally consented to add my name to the second semester staff roster.

I decided not to accept the invitation earlier because of my busy schedule with sports, choir, leadership, and other core classes. While a full schedule excuse was partly true, but I also did not want another class that would require more work. I barley had time to eat and sleep as it was.

Finally, after I completed my sports career and my workload eased, I decided to give journalism a try for my last semester in high school.

After four years in high school I have learned to never take on too much work at a time, because I end up letting people down. By being in journalism has helped me figure out how to balance out my schedule with school and take every opportunity to succeed.

Writing has become second nature to me just after one semester in journalism. By practicing writing skills everyday, I think less about how to write and more about what I am writing.

Stobbe pushes us everyday to persevere, because the more I write, the easier it has becomes. I love to be challenged and I love competition and this class has challenged me in many ways other than writing.

Along with the sports I have played, volleyball and basketball specifically, I have learned that being a part of a team is one of the greatest opportunities in high school. As apart of the journalism team, I have learned to persevere and work hard for God?s glory.

The journalism team has achieved so much this year, because of the determination the team has had. There are many great writers and hard working editors on our team that have given so much to the journalism program.

After high school, I am going to attend YWAM in Paia, Maui. I leave June 3 for three months in Maui followed by another three months in another country.

I am looking forward to this opportunity to grow in the Lord and find Gods? purpose for my life. I am still waiting for his will for my life, but I know I love to try new things and succeed through determination and perseverance.